Bonus Round Idea : Minimization

Discussion in '[TF2] Zombie Survival' started by KingKev, Apr 26, 2020.

1. KingKev

KingKev New Member

Not a finished idea just looking for suggestions to improve or add onto it:

Proposal : Recently, I have been playing a lot of zs and while in game come up with some ideas for new bonus rounds, my favorite of which is a bonus round where everyone is 5x smaller and 2x slower than usual, and buildings can not be placed

Functionality : This bonus round will allow for creative hiding spots and a fast paced end to the map. However this would not be too functional in a large map like upward where the medics have to walk a long way to the end, where the engineers would often be positioned. On the other hand due to there being no buildings, the engineers will not be able to nest and therefore they could be forced out relatively easily.

Overall, I think that this could be a good idea but maybe only put it in smaller maps(e.g. 2fort, redfort, etc...) and not introduce it into the larger scale maps (e.g. upward, hoodoo, etc...)

If anyone likes this general idea and would be kind enough to give any constructive criticism or ideas that would be great, thanks!

2. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This bonus round needs more work before it can be added. Removing buildings is not a good idea at all as it would just make this bonus a worse version of Melee Battle or The Hidden. I think only reducing a player's size and speed by 25% would be a better approach.

3. KingKev

KingKev New Member

Sounds like a good idea, I was just thinking about having no buildings so that the engis couldn't nest, but if player size is reduced and building size is as well, nesting would probably be harder anyway, but still a viable strategy, so maybe 2x or 3x smaller and 25% speed reduction would be a good introduction

#3 KingKev, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  4. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

MINI MARCH
    It's a big world after all!
    • All players are shrunk to 75% their normal size and move 25% slower.
    • Bonus round not available on large or open maps such as Upward or Hidden.

5. Naleksuh

Naleksuh Member

Is this supposed to imply it's been added?

6. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No, it is just a work in progress.