Can I get Unbanned?

Discussion in 'Complaints/Reporting/Unban Appeal Forum' started by Whammo, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whammo

Whammo New Member

I just got banned for suspected hacking after getting a 15 killstreak on a zombies server (CA #1). I was banned by "That One Guy" after his poor judgement left me with a weeklong ban. I can't really prove that I wasnt hacking but it's not that hard to get a 15 killstreak when you're sitting in a corner.

2. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't ban you for the killstreak, I don't usually use that as evidence that someone is cheating, I banned you because from what I could see in spectator, your aim was unusually good, and a lot of shots that you were hitting ticked me off that something was wrong, after the round I watched had concluded, I made my final verdict and banned you. If I did use killstreaks as evidence against people I would have banned at least 20 people (including ones on my friends list) for aimbot.

3. Whammo

Whammo New Member

I've been getting 20+ killstreaks on the same server for quite some time and not once have I been accused of hacking or vacced. I'm confident that my skill with the shotgun isn't "hacker grade".

4. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Did you actually read my post?

5. Whammo

Whammo New Member

Yes and I think that your judgement is poor. Edit: You can check my reccord and see that I'm clean.

6. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you read the post why did you bring up killstreaks even though in the post I literally say that I didn't ban you for having a killstreak or use killstreaks as evidence.

7. Whammo

Whammo New Member

I think that if I were hacking my killstreak would be unusually high since I wouldn't be dying as often if i weren't hacking.

8. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've seen hackers before, and they usually don't go on 40 killstreaks every round, because they don't have game sense or awareness to know how to position properly or how to play the gamemode, I saw most traits of a cheater in your gameplay, and along with the decently obvious aimbot I came up with my verdict.

9. Whammo

Whammo New Member

Can I record my screen or something and prove that I have nothing running in my background to show that I can flickshot or do whatever you would classify as "hacking"?

10. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I will name 2 reasons why that wouldn't work. 1, you could just disable your aimbot and close the background window. 2, you could have someone else record footage of them flick shotting and claim it was you.

11. Whammo

Whammo New Member

Could I livestream my screen over discord?

12. Banjo-neer

Banjo-neer Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The issue about that is, you can easily remove any form of aimbot/hacks before you even livestream it.

13. Whammo

Whammo New Member

If I showed that nothing was running in the background and that I was still hitting flickshots even after proving nothing was running in the background, could I be unbanned?

#13 Whammo, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  14. Akara Anime

Akara Anime Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just wait till the ban is over, there is no way to prove that you were not using hacks. Many good hack clients and trainers can easily hide themselves from the background process, i know this from experience. Bannana evidence was reasonable and many Moderators would considered as Aimbot. Me personally i would search for more evidence if i had to make a last conclusion before banning you eg. Bans from other servers, Steam Profile being private, Steam Profile Comments, your accuracy on gameme and your hours on tf2. To be honest with your hours on tf2 i doubt it that you would risk a VAC ban.

This discussion is finished, no need to go any further.

- Akara.

#14 Akara Anime, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  15. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just to clarify something as well, the reason the flicking looked suspicious is because it looked like you were trying to turn away from a medic while having your aim key held down, causing your aim to spaz out.

16. Sodium Acetate

Sodium Acetate New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.