Gag Appeal.

Discussion in 'Complaints/Reporting/Unban Appeal Forum' started by aurae, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurae

aurae New Member

Name: aurae
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/catskull
    Gameme: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/244944

I got permagagged/muted by Jack5 some time ago for apparent "Admin Disrespect"
    Link: sourcebans.rushyservers.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:138899037&advType=steamid

Why I Shouldn't be silenced:
    First of all, I haven't broken any rule directly, only vaguely at best unless talking about game mechanics is forbidden. I haven't insulted Jack non-jokingly, most of the things I said to him was about FBS + a couple "insults". He obviously has a bias against me as I have completely different ideas for the gamemode, the biggest one being Fixed Bullet Spread (that is now added as a bonus round mind you). Just because I think differently doesn't mean my opinion should be silenced, especially when I was the most active person playing the gamemode some time back. I'm well known on EU and most people would agree that my gag is unjustified there, even if you would argue that they didn't know the proper reasoning for the punishment most people don't like Jack as a moderator there. I'm frankly sick of being silenced for my opinions just because they differ from someone that has the power risen to their head.

Another problem is that I'm spraybanned just because I had a spray with "Remove RBS" on it, since that just shows how easily power is abused here.

Lastly, It's not like i'm the only one that has been silenced for my opinions, there are people that can't say anything that differs from the way Jack wants the server to be like I would be a good example of that.

Wouldn't be surprised if this thread would be deleted.

aurae~

2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

This was placed at the time due to the event that occurred on the discord chat which was bought up by Domess which included yourself harassing people according to the logs. To be honest I was not active at the time so I was not able to see what fully occurred, but I did see yourself repeatedly saying the same opinion onto chat over and over again while getting 'heated', once would have been enough. There are people that do not want it turned on.

We do have a thread about it on the steam group. I have attached some peoples detailed feedback on the matter, not many people have replied to it.

The outcome depends if you will harass any other people if removed.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      28.7 KB
      Views:
  3. Tactic

Tactic Exploity Boi
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll just say that aurae never was part of anything in the discord.

Aurae got banned by DoMess from the discord quickly after joining and only saying "FBS" once but that may have been due to aurae being thought of as someone else by the people who didnt know him.

In my perspective Aurae hasnt done much more than jokingly express his opinion about Fixed Bullet Spread.

Sure, I may have a little bit of a bias because I am a friend of Aurae but so does Jack5 have a bias towards Aurae just because Jack5 disliking his "playstyle" (farming)

Ive done a couple of votes in the Europe servers if aurae should be punished etc. and the votes have always come out that aurae shouldnt be punished.

4. aurae

aurae New Member

That thread was way after I got gagged and i got banned on the steam group either way
    I went on an alt in the discord server to talk about FBS and sure, I wasn't the most respectful person then but that's because of me being punished for no good reason, anyone would be annoyed having literally no way of talking.

5. aurae

aurae New Member

Oh and yeah, i got accused of insulting staff even when it was the first time i've ever interacted with them so that's most likely a mixup

6. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

As long as you don't harass people or do silly things which include some of the names you have used such as 'jack remove rbs already' and post any future suggestions to the appropriate channels in a productive way e.g. the steam threads. I will lift this.

7. aurae

aurae New Member

Guess it's a deal. :)

8. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

This is done - requires a rejoin if you are currently on a game server or a map restart if sourcebans cached the lookup.

I will remove the spray restriction when I get up in the morning in 6 hours, unless another moderator does it before then - you can show them this post.

9. Skaldas

Skaldas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oops, better change my steam name before Jack5 reads this post and bans me for admin disrespect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.