How does the logic for the zombie survival maps work?

Discussion in 'Coding help' started by FlashFyre, Jan 21, 2019.

1. FlashFyre

FlashFyre New Member

Hey, so I'm attempting to learn SourcePawn and make my own zombie survival gamemode (relax, it won't put your servers out of business xD), and before I attempt coding the tougher stuff, like special rounds with special gamemodes, how does the base logic for the gamemode work? Because the plugins are obviously closed-source.

To give you a better idea of what I am asking, here's what I have coded far:
    - Class changes are disabled if you are already in a class
    - Engineers become medics when they die

So, can anyone give an insight about how I remove a maps default logic? I.e, when I add a zs_ map to the server, it seems to use arena logic and I can't do anything, and the desired objective is obviously so that BLU wins when there is no-one left on red, and the engineers win when a timer reaches zero.

2. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New Member

The easiest way for new coders is probably a .cfg file executed.

Add this code to "zs.cfg" (in your server's /tf/cfg folder):

sv_cheats 1;ent_remove_all team_round_timer;ent_remove_all trigger_capture_area;ent_remove_all minecart_tracktrain;ent_remove_all item_teamflag;ent_remove_all tf_logic_arena;ent_remove_all tf_logic_koth;sv_cheats 0

Then, whereever your round starts, add this to your SourceMod plugin:

ServerCommand("exec zs");

Also, I wouldn't recommend using Jack5's maps without his permission. I can almost guarantee he won't take kindly to it.

3. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New Member

Also, I've also been making my own ZS server just like you. You can add me on Steam if you want to collaborate C:

4. FlashFyre

FlashFyre New Member

Thanks for the info! As for “Jack5s Maps”, all I’ve done is download some zs_ maps from gamebanana... they are free to download so I don’t think there is a problem with using them. That being said, I was planning on making new zs_ maps myself, so it isn’t a huge problem if this 100% isn’t allowed.

Jack5 likes this.
  5. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New Member

good point, maybe ill use 'em on my server

6. FlashFyre

FlashFyre New Member

Do you know what event fires at the start of every round?

7. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

8. FlashFyre

FlashFyre New Member

I previously had a look at that but some of them don't have a description and there seems to be some confusion about whether some of them are accurate or not. Thanks anyway though :)

9. FlashFyre

FlashFyre New Member

The next thing I need to do is actually make a custom "game mode" with win conditions and such.