Jack5 seems to change rounds whenever he wants.

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Dr. Wong Donger, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Wong Donger

So I was playing on Suijin and it was last round. I was the last one surviving, and there was about 120 seconds left. Jack5 decides to not only overule the vote for the map that occured prior, but also to end the round prematurely. There was absolutely no reason to end the round early, but he decided to. This is very unfair.

We went to his map, pictured below:

[​IMG]

No one voted for this map, it wasn't even on the list. I understand that this map is new and he wants it to be played, but that's not a reason to say "Well I died as engi and there's one guy left, better end the round". He should at least inform us of the map change, which he didn't.

It should also be noted that this wasn't the first time of him overruling the vote system, as he had done numerous times previously. I think Jack5 should:

- Consider with others on whether the map should be changed, or if it is okay for it to be.
    - Not end rounds early, because he feels like it.

Jack5 also has a habit of emptying out zs servers for other servers. There's a reason why people came to this server. If they wanted to play another server, they would.

2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry about that, I will be changing systems so Moderators can only schedule the next map so that they have a tool to do so - instead of only forcing which was the case here when players request a particular map or when one needs to be tested.

3. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For the longest time all moderators have been unable to set the next map. Attempting to change the map when the last round ends causes a double map selection and either a server crash or a default map being loaded. zs_doomhangar, the map that you are referring to, was on the list at the time of the change, and I did get permission with people in voice chat to change the map. At least with the update that will be rolled out eventually, you won't need to worry about the abrupt change anymore.

As for emptying servers, people historically don't frequently go to our other gamemodes. The events are hosted because of this, to encourage people to try out our other servers. Sure it makes it hard for people who only want to play Zombie Survival to continue on their way, but our community comes first, and there is a lot of fun to be had in events.

Dr. Wong Donger likes this.
  4. Magic Missile

Magic Missile New Member

I get annoyed at times when Jack5 comes on and convinces people to go to a different server. Having said that I will more often than not go and enjoy myself. I'll come back to ZS next day. Despite the times I've disagreed with Jack* I have always found he listens. He explains his position well which I appreciate.

*my disagreements with Jack usually are around different style of play that I prefer.

Skaldas likes this.
  5. Skaldas

Skaldas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's good that you voice your disagreement. A community cannot thrive without fair criticism to strengthen it. Ultimately, it brings out the best for everybody.

6. Tactic

Tactic Exploity Boi
    Staff Member Moderator

I remember once when Jack5 just joined UK, made a vote on what map is being played the least and changed the map to that instantly after the vote ended.

No one asked for the map change, no one wanted the map change and he changed it mid round.

This was also the time when Jack5 broke UK and it was basically normal TF2 for few hours.

7. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've already explained why I had to change maps mid-round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.