Map Mismatch errors - Killing Floor 2

Discussion in 'General Chat Thread' started by Screwed115, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Screwed115

Screwed115 New Member

Is anyone else having map mismatch errors?

The KF2 server seems to be sending out an outdated map (Killzone_2nd). Im getting map mismatch errors each time. My other maps work fine though.

2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Tripwire have had issues with their workshop system in it not checking for map updates on the steam workshop and downloading it. They did send out a small server patch yesterday but it seems to have caused even more issues.

The map creator did an update to the map today.

Screwed115 likes this.
  3. Screwed115

Screwed115 New Member

Well the good news is I got it working.

My fix was.....

Try to join the server
    Let it try and download
    (Error Message)
    I downloaded the map file from elsewhere and swapped it out at....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\232090\1586474710\BrewedPC\Maps\KF-Killzone_2nd.kfm

and

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache\1586474710\0\Published\BrewedPC\Maps\KF-KIllzone_2nd.kfm

Cutie Bum and Rushy like this.
  4. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

The steam workshop download is supposed to do that automatically. Possible the client side is also broken.

5. Cutie Bum

Cutie Bum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I encourage you to post this on Tripwire Interactive Forum regarding this issue and solution to map download mismatch errors. I'm sure there are a few threads about it. I had a player a while back who couldn't download Killlzone_wabbitedit when the map had an update. They did the same thing by uploading an old map onto their computer and got it working. Not sure how to explains why it happens to some players and why it doesn't happen to others.

My guess that this could happen if the map maker/owner removed the new map file and re-upload an old map so they can edit the new one.

6. Cutie Bum

Cutie Bum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Owner of the map said "you have to use FTP redirect to host this map" July 21. I too am getting the same issue with map version mismatch. I will try to figure it out on my computer files as well and get back to you.

7. Cutie Bum

Cutie Bum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I figured out what the problem is.
    I was able to join the server last night with the killlzone_2nd map on it so I dug into my computer why I was able to join the server. In the 1586474710 folder in My document there are two folders inside of it - "0" and "1" folder [screenshot image below]. "0" is previous version (83000KB 20/07/19 was when I downloaded this map) and "1" is new version (85000KB 30/07/19). Both folders have the Killzone_2nd map file. Also on my other drive is where I store my games [screenshot below] is where the new version of the map is kept. So knowing I have this set up works. I removed the old version the "0" folder and then I got the mismatch. Usually when the map gets an update, you'll get more folders add. e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. The first folder gets emptied out and the latest folder will have the new map file.

So the auto-download from steam workshop function works. It does download the map. But for some reason the server wants to host the old version or at least the client has to have the old version of the map. But we don't want to play the old version. So...

Attached Files: