Particle effect stacking

Discussion in '[TF2] Idle Server' started by HyperFixture, Jun 29, 2020.

1. HyperFixture

HyperFixture New Member

I enjoy playing on this server, what i enjoy the most is being able to participate in sniper duels. However I have run into a player on multiple occasions who uses (and most likely knowingly abuses) particle effect stacking.

What this is: The name itself gives enough of a description, however I have taken a few screenshots of what it looks like while playing against.

The problem surrounding it: As you can see the particle effects that have been stacked inhibits a players ability to see and shoot the head of the sniper, however if you get lucky enough or know roughly the location of the head than you're still not safe as this can cause some FPS problems on other players. (Myself included).

Reason for this post: I made this post not with the intent for the player to be banned or punished, but in hopes for the ability to stack particle effects to be taken off the server, of course if that wouldn't cause any further issues resulting programming or the server itself

Screenshots while in game:
    . 20200629171711_1.jpg 20200629171728_1.jpg 20200629171711_1.jpg

2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I made some changes to the weapon unusual system and cleared it's database last week to see if it makes any difference.

I know some hat unusuals have an effect that can be lower down.