Ruusu

Discussion in 'Complaints/Reporting/Unban Appeal Forum' started by ruusu, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruusu

ruusu New Member

Steam Game Name: TF2
    Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198950298621/
    Link to your GameMe Stats: https://www.rushyservers.com/members/ruusu.611/

Link to your punishment on SourceBans: https://sourcebans.rushyservers.com...ch=STEAM_0:1:495016446&advType=steamid&Submit
    Moderator(s) who have banned you: Luna
    What server were you banned on: [Rushy servers] Idle/trade AU/NZ #1
    Reason: Aimbot apparently

why you should unban me:
    First of all im not using an aimbot. I stopped playing tf2 last year and deleted my account so i wouldn't keep getting stuck on it. I created this account to start playing again and to join some of the old servers i used to be on.

Attached Files:

• 1.dem
      File size:
      30.5 MB
      Views:
  2. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Your recording shows different lock & aim strategies and accuracy. You may have turned off aimbot for this recording.
    Also, you clearly do not need any scripts to help you aim. Your skills are sufficient enough to survive more than minutes.

You were also talking about how spectator mode has potential lag/latency? Would you also like to prove this with sources and accurate information? Please link to any websites that prove this fact.
    You must wait for other moderator opinions before we make a final decision. (Rushy can have opinions and decide immediately whether or not your ban should be lifted)

3. ruusu

ruusu New Member

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Lag_compensation

"Spectators do not have lag compensation. If you are spectating someone in first person, you are not seeing exactly what they are seeing, rather you are looking at what the server is seeing. This is especially noticeable with high-latency Snipers, where you should expect to see unusual shots that may appear to miss or jerk about from your perspective."

4. ruusu

ruusu New Member

I have a $20 steam card that I was gonna add to my account but I don't think I'm going to do that anymore because I'm banned :c

5. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Any sort of wikipedia's can be edited easily, and the sources that it relies on are from the Valve Developer Community, which is also not reliable. This is because the VDC is also a wiki, and may also get stuff wrong.

Although, we've been looking through Source Engine SDK 2013 and 2007, and it does seem that it somewhat true that spectators don't see lag compensation. I'll look further into this.

#5 DoMessWithProfile, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  6. ruusu

ruusu New Member

7. Matthew Greer

Matthew Greer Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm inclined to agree with ruusu on this. Demos are just what the server recognizes based on clients' inputs, and not exactly what the player sees.

ruusu likes this.
  8. iDestroyXboX

iDestroyXboX New Member

Firstly, He is not aimbotting, I've seen the "ruusu demo" for 5 times already, the clip shows what the server sees, not the actual user itself. Probably on Ruusu's screen, he maybe got all his shots correctly, but when you are in spectator mode, you will see the servers sees, not the user itself. For your information, its called Latency.

Also Ruusu is innocent, i have played with him before, no aimbot i witness or seen

ruusu likes this.
  9. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I have lifted the ban due to the source sdk referencing spectators not receiving latency compensation which can make observers see slightly suspicious looking actions.

10. ruusu

ruusu New Member

yay! thankyou Rushy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.