Seemingly Random Ban: Requesting Clarification.

Discussion in 'Complaints Forum' started by EmeraldFox, Jul 13, 2017.

1. EmeraldFox

EmeraldFox New Member

Hi, my name's Emerald. [LG] EmeraldFox is my username on Steam, and I had just joined one of the TF2 Zombie Survival servers with about 30 people online, when in the middle of about my 3rd round, and my first as an Engineer, I had received a seemingly random ban that didn't specify anything, just said I was banned. On Source Bans, it notes I was banned for an hour, but I have no idea what I did. The only thing I can assume happened was I was banned for an accidental telefrag? I was trying to build a teleporter somewhere, and I stepped on a massive amount of dispensers and accidentally teleported and fragged someone. I started to shoot at a medic, but then I backed off and apologized when he even seemed friendly and didn't fight back. But the ban on Sourcebans says I abused the map for some odd reason? I'm just wondering why I was banned, I'll wait out the ban since it was only an hour, but I'd like to know why there was a ban at all? I don't know how I was abusing the "Map, Server, and or Game". I mean, I hadn't really even done anything as far as I know, so I'd like to know how exactly I ended up receiving this ban. I don't use any mods or tools, since I have no idea HOW to do any of that kinda stuff, but this ban just seemed.. kind of out of place. I'd note this is a ban that seems to stretch across several servers, including the American one, Dallas, which I tried to join 2 minutes later. Here is the Info on the ban that I could dig up, since I hadn't taken previous screenshots, as I hadn't really expected to be banned at random.
    http://sourcebans.rushyservers.com/...ch=STEAM_0:1:100881125&advType=steamid&Submit

2. Yellow Sage

Yellow Sage Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It says you were banned by an American moderator from the Australian server, but both of our American moderators deny knowing about you, so maybe it was an automatic ban by the bot. Rushy will probably confirm if that is true or not.

3. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

From the server logs it was @Jack5 he will need to elaborate

4. EmeraldFox

EmeraldFox New Member

Mkay. Thank you for looking into this. I don't play TF2 very often, but it was a wonderful experience on the server with all those people. =D I'll be playing again on it very soon. :D

5. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We were having a friendly event, and you were killing during it. The ban was as short as necessary.

6. EmeraldFox

EmeraldFox New Member

A friendly event? But everyone was defending in a room with everyone else after a round of the zombies, and there was no special thing were everyone was friendly, there were other people being killed by other players. Were they banned? But thank you for the short ban, I guess. The server's still fun. Is there something that I'm not aware of where friendly events are coming up mid-game? If so, I'd like to know to avoid this outcome in the future. But the info had said exploitation of the map. Is that what counts as this?

7. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The 'ban reason' has nothing to do with the reason you were banned.