Temp. Ban for "Map Exploit"

Discussion in 'Complaints/Reporting/Unban Appeal Forum' started by CHKN, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHKN

CHKN New Member

I guess a normie like me is not supposed to know the code for Zs_Hoodoo as I was temporarily banned for unlocking the room at last. I did not snoop around the map files or do anything relating to that matter in order find the code as the ban implies but I cannot really justify myself since.... I know the code.

I didn't tell the whole server the code which would've made everything worse when I was first "acknowledged" and would've probably got a ban worse than this. (But I still shouldn't be let off like that)

I can't really do anything to fix this but maybe the mods can change the code or something idk (I'm not a mod so its not my choice)

I'm doing this because I want to be unbanned since I'm an active player but, I can still wait the ban and meanwhile I can think about notdoingthecodeforotherpeoplewhodon'tknowit and leave it to the staff member in-game who's supposed to know it. I'm also doing this because I didn't exploit and stuff and want you guys to know that.

So.. goodbye :))

Skaldas likes this.
  2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I unbanned your account. I will be speaking to the staff member.

Reason was you did not get consent from your fellow players.

3. Tactic

Tactic Exploity Boi
    Staff Member Moderator

Question:
    Why do we put easter eggs in maps that effect the gameplay experience since it's nothing special when people start knowing about it

Skaldas likes this.
  4. Matthew Greer

Matthew Greer Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm just surprised it's not updated yet

5. Skaldas

Skaldas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's literally the point of easter eggs. Bigger question: who bans someone over solving the code for one? Oops.
    https://sourcebans.rushyservers.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=CHKN&Submit=Search

If the hoodoo room is such a big deal then it's probably better to never even have it in the first place. The mere fact that you guys are trying to keep the code a secret makes an indefinite result to someone like CHKN where they figure out the code. That's the whole point of easter eggs. For people to find them.

It's like when a kid finds an easter egg on easter and you take it away from them and say "No, you weren't supposed to find that."

#5 Skaldas, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  6. -4K-

-4K- New Member

I completely agree, if an admin or mod as the fuckin gall to try and do something this damn stupid, then why make them mod in the first place? It's total bullshit and it only fuels someone's god syndrome. YOU put the easter egg there to make people question, YOU made the decision to know that someone will find the code, and it's YOUR fault that somone found out, not their's. This is unacceptable, and comepletely unnecesscary, this isn't a reflection of the group itself but rather the mods and admins that were chosen, either you need to take away a mod's privilege, or make sure that you are much more strict in choosing admins. This is only the first step, we don't know what else will happen after this.

This is all on you, the group and mods that run this place and making us:the players, feel comfortable playing on these servers

Skaldas likes this.
  7. Tactic

Tactic Exploity Boi
    Staff Member Moderator

1. There's really only moderators + Rushy
    2. Calling out the entire moderator team for what one person does isn't the best option btw

Skaldas likes this.
  8. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The code changes with every update, and I'm no longer sharing the code with other moderators. These are the only measures I can take to mitigate this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.